Hunting & Fishing for Stories & Photos


Saturday, September 17, 2011

My First Week as a Sales Rep


The first week is in the books. Whew! I feel a little like a first grader in college-level course. There is just so much to learn. Luckily, I had the regional manager from SureFire out this week to show me the ropes a little bit. We visited some of my top accounts, and I was very impressed with all the businesses we saw. It's really cool to see how different people in the industry run their businesses. There are large stores with tons of inventory, small stores with just a couple salesmen, stores that cater to everyone, and stores that cater to just law enforcement/military.

Next week the regional manager from Trijicon will be here for a couple days, then I'll travel with my friend Barton from Zeiss the following week. In October, I head to Seattle for some training at Filson after a quick visit home.

After dreaming about a job like this since I first started in sales 15 years ago, the reality hasn't quite sunk in yet. I can't wait to get completely organized and feel like I have a grasp on what I'm doing, because then, watch out, I'm going to LOVE this job!!

On another note, we drove along I-25 through Castle Rock last week, and it's even nicer than I remember. From my initial estimates, I think it will be a great place to live. I just hope our houses in AZ sell soon so Nichole and Mattox can join me!