Hunting & Fishing for Stories & Photos


Friday, March 15, 2013

Texas Barbary Sheep (Aoudad) Hunt - Preview


Years ago I saw my first barbary sheep in southern New Mexico. Ever since, I have been trying to figure out a way to hunt them. I finally got the chance last weekend! I hunted with Randy Slaughter of Rio Brazos Outfitters on his free-range lease near Post, TX. I shared the hunt with Ryan Balch, one of my best SWAROVSKI customers. This was one of the most glassing-intensive hunts I have experienced, and definitely one of the most memorable.

Here's a partial list of gear I used:
Swarovski Optik 10x42 EL SWAROVISION
Swarovski Optik 10x42 EL RANGE
Swarovski Optik ATX/65/95
Swarovski Optik Z5 3.5-18x44 BT-4W
Christensen Arms .270WSM
Superior Ammunition 140gr Nosler Accubond
Outdoorsmans Tripod
First Lite Clothing
Tenzing 2220 Pack

I will share more later, but for now just wanted to post up a few photos...