Hunting & Fishing for Stories & Photos


Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What Does Skydiving Have to do With Blogging?

Writing a blog must be akin to skydiving—the first step might be the hardest, but it should be all fun from there! I haven’t jumped out of a perfectly good airplane, but here goes the first step to my blogging…

As most projects in my life, this blog is a work in progress. I will continue to add photos, links, and other information over time. Not only do I foresee entertaining content, but also useful topics on subjects ranging from dog training to saltwater fly fishing and from the gear I use to hunting tactics. Please check back often to see the latest. Also be on the lookout for some history—I plan to recap many of the hunting and fishing trips of my past that helped shape why and how I do things today.

You will also see many of my friends and family throughout this project. NOTHING is more important to me than my family and close friends. My wife and I are raising our 6-month-old son in our own light, with an emphasis on exposing him to all the things we enjoy and anything else that might come along. Hunting and fishing will obviously play a prominent role in his life and I hope to chronicle his exposure to the outdoors. My friends and family have been an integral part of my outdoor experiences and they continue to humor me by allowing their pictures to be taken and to act as my “monkey” by pressing the button on my camera when I need pictures of myself.

Gear, gear, gear! I am lucky to be able to use all types of different products from many different manufacturers. When I find something that is useful to me, I try my best to promote it. I foresee this blog as an easy way to disseminate information about the products I use, and an opportunity to explain why I use them. Rest assured that if a link appears in my list, it leads to a company whose products or services I use, like, and trust. When I present info on a particular company, please take a moment to check it out!

Now that wasn’t so hard was it? No, I guess not. And to answer the question: skydiving has nothing to with blogging, at least not for me, but I thought it was far better than the typical "Welcome To My Blog" first post.


I look forward to hearing back from any and all of you about my various posts. If there is a question I can answer or a topic you would like me to cover, please let me know. Enjoy!

Happy New Year and good luck in all your exploits!

P.S. Thanks to Jay Scott (
Jay Scott Outdoors) for letting me copy his idea and to Matt Sheterom (Ohio Homes and Acres Real Estate) for convincing me to “Just Do It.”